As a Barclays Bank Debt Management Analyst, you will have responsibility and ownership for proactively managing the transactional closing, booking and long term asset management of a portfolio of both investment grade and non-investment grade loan transactions, including Asset Based Loans. You will collaborate with front office teams in a variety of ways, assisting in the routine operational support along the transaction closing cycle.
Barclays is one of the world’s largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We’ve helped millions of individuals and businesses thrive, creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. An important and growing presence in the USA, we offer careers providing endless opportunity.
What will you be doing?
• Reviewing documentation to ensure it meets operational requirements and manage a portfolio of transactions
• Reviewing legal loan documentation and ensure it meets operational requirements for agented and participation transactions
• Acting as an escalation point for off shore teams as it relates to the lending portfolio and team related matters
• Working with LC Specialist and Letter of Credit Team in respect to the issuance of LC’s that may be required under a Guarantee request for Agented transactions and act as lead with the respective teams in the US and UK
• Managing the associated closing process utilizing internal systems to complete the setup of a transaction profile and completion of post-closing functions across their portfolio.
• Coordinating primary assignment process with Primary Closing Operations team (for led deals)
What we’re looking for:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or related field
• Proven experience in loan operations
• Proven experience in the banking/finance industry
Skills that will help you in the role:
• Solid understanding of loan documentation and closing process
• Aptitude to learn new software / applications
• Keen risk awareness, ability to understand, identify and discuss risks associated with transactions they cover
• Solid interest and knowledge in the loan market and financial terms
Where will you be working?
At Barclays, we are proud to be redefining the future of finance and here at Whippany we are defining the future of the workplace and the future of the way we work and live. We are creating a unique community, one of four strategic tech-enabled hubs that will redefine opportunity for everyone who works here. Whatever you do at Whippany, you’ll have every chance to build a world-class career in this world-class environment.
- Address Florham Park, NJ, United States