Reporting to the Regional Customer Success Management Director, the Customer Success Manager (CSM) is a key member of the Customer Success team in the Sales organization. The CSM together with Account Directors and Account Executives, drives customer relationship management with the ultimate goal of retaining customers, ensuring customer loyalty, providing advisory services that drive customer success with Finastra technology and in turn ensure overall success of Finastra’s growth in enterprise customer base. The CSM utilizes a combination of industry knowledge, business strategy expertise, product knowledge and account management experience to help Finastra’s customers innovate more quickly and gain a competitive advantage in the marketplace. The CSM works closely and co-owns the relationship with the Account Directors and Account Executives for assigned accounts and contributes Customer success plan into overall Account Plan.
Responsibilities & Deliverables:
END TO END ACCOUNT OWNERSHIP
Shares responsibility of Account Ownership with the Account Directors and Account Executives for the assigned accounts.
Stays informed during implementation phase. An overall governance should include, the Delivery lead the AD, and CSM, when possible. The Delivery Lead is responsible for the detailed handover to customer support and CSM at the end of implementation project.
Customer Success Plan (Part of Account Plan), Maximizing Finastra solution usage, building relationship with the Customer.
Engages with and builds meaningful relationships with executive stakeholders and functional leads at customer (s) organization
Develops, agrees with the Customer, and coordinates execution of the Customer Success Plans by getting input from Finastra Sales, Sales Consulting, Services and Solution Advisory Group teams.
Owns the mobilization of all Finastra functions to ensure Customer dissatisfaction pre-emption via pro-active and programmed account activities
Maximizes value of Finastra solutions for the customer by engaging and coordinating relevant Finastra functions to drive improvements if needed.
Conducts regular cadences and touch points with the Customer business users to assess the product usage in the account and update Customer Success Plan to increase Finastra’s solution stickiness
The CSM co-owns with AD the customer facing aspects of retention, satisfaction and loyalty
The CSM, co-owns with Account Director, customer relationship, retention, satisfaction, referenceablity of the account, and hence in the context of “Resolve” responsible for orchestrating the resolution process, and is overall accountable for customer adequate problems resolution.
Collaborates with internal subject matter experts to translate customer business/technical challenges into business solutions based on Finastra products & services, augmented with 3rd-party technology as required. Assess the escalation level needed and move customer up/down in escalation chain – with clear exit criteria agreed with the client.
Assess the escalation level needed and move customer up/down in escalation chain – with clear exit criteria agreed with the client.
Reduces the number of escalations through regular meetings with the Customer, proactive identification of potential issues, and proactive communication of those potential issues with the relevant internal functions, keeping Services and Sales leadership in the loop during Account Review meetings and other forums. Works with ROO or CSM Director on trend analysis, who in turn then will build a programmatic approach to proactive risk mitigation.
Reviews reports on open support tickets (issues and aging) and raises flags with relevant functions internally when applicable to ensure customer success.
Maintain a coherent and efficient customer facing interaction during Resolve stage.
BUY MORE STAY LONGER
CSM, who co-owns overall customer satisfaction, should lay the ground for retention, referenceablity, as well as organic extension of value and strategic relationship, which should enable CSM to spot new x-sell and upsell opportunities for the sales team. This should come from the intimate knowledge of frequent discussion with the Customer stakeholders, participation in Account Governance meetings with the customer, internal Account Review meetings as well as working with multiple Finastra functions to drive execution of Customer Success Plan, as well as sources that CSM has intimate knowledge with (when AD doesn’t) such as embedded global services, on-going projects, upgrade programs etc.
CSM should also incorporate understanding GTMs and product roadmaps and how they fit to customer needs. In cases where a recovery program is needed.
Helps to develop and maintains a strategic roadmap with a select group of enterprise accounts to ensure the successful and broad adoption of Finastra solutions
· 6 -10 years’ experience in a customer facing role (consulting or account management) that includes issue resolution and escalation management at both the business owner and executive levels
· Have in-depth understanding of value drivers, passionate about the success of customers, are able to demonstrate sales acumen through previous employment, including proven success owning renewal business
· Previous experience in working with clients to build Account Plans and Customer Success Plans, establishing critical goals, to aid the customer in achieving their objectives
· Ability to interact and build relationships at the C level within client organisation and align to the client strategy, influence client strategy with Finastra offering.
· Knowledge of Banking Clients and Financial Services Industry, products and solutions
· Existing knowledge and a network within the client organisation in the region at the executive level is a big plus.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Good technical and problem-solving skills coupled with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems
· Solid Customer Success management track with clear understanding of customer life cycle and related vendor engagement.
· A background operating within a consulting environment would be highly advantageous.
Contact the job poster