Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse.
An interesting role as a member of the Controls and Monitoring (‘C&M’) team which focuses on a variety of control testing activities.
You are working in a dynamic and motivated team of business controllers with the overall purpose to strengthen the bank’s control framework.
You are responsible to perform regular business controls and reviews with accuracy, consistency and good quality; and producing the results for reporting purposes in a timely manner.
You are partnering with Client Facing Employees, Front Office Management and other key stakeholders (e.g. Compliance, APAC and Location FLDS etc.) and acting as a control and review subject matter expert on various topics (such as Investment Suitability, Cross Border, Know-Your-Customer (‘KYC’) Anti-Money Laundering/Counter-Terrorist Financing (‘AML/CTF’), Anti-Fraud etc.).
You are supporting Front Office Management (Market Group Head) in conducting regular and quality Supervisory controls in a timely manner.
You ensure that control results are being reported and shared with all relevant stakeholders, where the gaps/issues identified are being escalated on a timely basis.
Where gaps have been identified, you would provide suggestions on how they can be closed. Where areas of improvements have been identified, you would provide suggestions such as streamlining the existing controls for possible increased efficiency.
You ensure that control and review results are being validated and tracked on an ongoing basis.
1. Fast learner with at least 3 – 6 years of experience in a risk/control or related function in the Financial Industry
2. Confident personality with experience in handling business and operational risk issues and control matters
3. Team player and a positive can-do attitude
4. Attention to details for producing accurate and precise control results
5. Has initiative to identify areas of improvements and gaps
6. Good client and service orientation, enthusiasm and flair to deal with various personality types
7. Effective communication and stakeholder-management skills, particularly in the ability to liaise with senior Front Office as well as other key stakeholders
8. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to excel under pressure for meeting any tight deadlines
9. Good organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks
10. Front-to-Back banking process knowledge
11. Private Banking background and experience
12. Investment Suitability, AML/CTF (i.e. client review, transaction monitoring) and KYC (i.e. source of wealth plausibility checks) knowledge and experience
13. Familiarity with Financial Instruments and Exchange Act, JSDA Rules/Guidelines
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.
- Address Tokyo, Tokyo-to, Japan