At Lloyds Banking Group, we’re driven by a clear purpose – to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are passionate about making a difference to customers, businesses, and communities. The Cost Centre of Excellence (CoE) provides a service dedicated to enabling and serving Finance Business Partners, made up of three teams; The Planning and Analysis (P&A) team, the Reporting, Forecasting and Controls (RF&C) team, and the Performance Improvement (PI) team.
This role will be part of the Planning and Analysis Functions team within the Cost CoE, as part of the team you’ll be involved in:
- Being the key point of contact for the Functions Finance Business Partners within the CoE
- Collaborating across the CoE to deliver quality products in a timely manner
- Delivering reporting, analysis & insight to the Finance Business Partners
- Providing effective and reliable support in the planning process
What you’ll be doing…
Join us in this exciting role where you’ll undertake Functions cost planning & analysis activities including but not limited to supporting:
- Reviewing of Divisional & consolidated Group reporting, challenging where needed and providing commentary and CoE analysis & insight
- Liaising with Business Partners for info relating to movements and month end exceptions; produce the Flash and trigger required adjustments to be actioned by the Controls team
- Supporting BPs at key meetings/Cost board if appropriate
- Communicating with BP and Control teams on non-standard assumptions, review accounting outputs during month end and challenge
- Reviewing, investigating and challenging material exceptions & providing supporting information
- Creating scenario modelling and analysis and providing high level commentary to Costs Investment Management
- Analysing and communicate unexplained variances and non-standard business inspired changes related to 4 Year operating plan/quarterly and monthly rolling forecast
- Facilitating structure changes and providing guidance on Restatement process
- Continuously promoting a culture of operational improvement within the team
- Creating and maintaining regular contact and good working relationships with relevant stakeholders also providing insightful information, guidance and advice to aid their decisions
What we’re looking for…
Are you passionate about financial planning and analysis and looking to take your career to the next level? If yes, we value the following key capabilities:
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Powerpoint)
- SAP and TM1 experience
- Accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or other)
- Experience of change and operational improvement
- Evidence of Stakeholder Management
So, if you have the skills we’re seeking and you’re looking for your next step, we’d love to hear from you!
And in return…
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. Together we’ll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you’ll help us realise the Group’s vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Here, you’ll grow as a person and develop your career.
As well as a competitive salary, you’ll receive:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you’ll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We’ll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We’re an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
We’ve gained industry recognition including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum and Top 50 Employer for Women.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
- Address Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom