As British Airways emerges from the Covid-19 crisis, what is the right size and shape for the future business? How should the company adapt its business model to changes in the competitive landscape? How can BA improve profitability in segments which have historically under performed?
Working collaboratively across the business, it is the role of the Strategy team to tackle these types of fundamental questions. The answers will be key to defining the future direction of the company, outlined in BA’s multi-year business plan.
As Strategy Manager, you’ll be expected to lead a variety of strategic projects, from initial analysis through to final recommendation or business case. While some projects may involve deep evaluation over a number of months, other requirements may necessitate a rapid response, for example reacting to a specific competitor development. In many cases, the team will be partnering with various business functions, and there will be frequent opportunities to work directly with the BA Management Committee, as well as senior IAG stakeholders.
The role reports to the Head of Strategy.
Key qualities we are looking for:
– Highly analytical and numerical. Previous work experience, ideally aviation-related, in Management Consulting, Banking or Industry (Strategy, Finance, Commercial)
– Capable of preparing and delivering well-structured, clear, impactful presentations, to audiences up to executive level
– Ability to work cross functionally, in an open and collegiate manner, with colleagues at all levels of the organisation
– An inquisitive, tenacious approach to problem solving, showing initiative and determination, with an ability to quickly get to grips with new subject matter
– Knowledgeable and enthusiastic about the aviation industry, with a good understanding of the markets in which BA operates, its customers and competitors
- Address London, England, United Kingdom