The workshop manager coordinates the workshop team and efforts to successfully deliver safety, quality,
deadlines according to customer’s expectations. The main activities will be:
· Customer Equipment Repair and Refit
· Spare Parts manufacturing
The workshop manager is knowledgeable about all machinery and installations. The workshop manager
plans and organizes human and material resources, ensuring that they are used at the right time and right place.
The workshop manager provides leadership, and ensures that Fives and local standards specifications are met.
· Coordinate workshop activities so that assets and resources are optimized and
production targets are achieved.
· Ensure all workshop equipment is maintained in good condition according to
Fives standards and local regulations.
· Provide technical guidance to the workshop team during the manufacturing and
· Report on workshop execution progress and problems faced.
· Ensure raw material and consumables are available when needed
· Apply all applicable safety requirements to comply with HSEQ MS and
· Ensure safety by regularly carrying out onsite inspection, Safety interactions
· Comply with roles and responsibilities matrix.
· Make sure that Fives Golden rules are applied and followed by the team
· Lead by example from an HSE point of view
· Lead a multi-cultural team of 20 technicians, including some HR involvement.
· Lead the execution of the workshop activities.
· Contribute to the implementation of lessons learned.
· Run Toolbox Talk on a daily basis with the workshop team
Deadlines and efficiency
· Ensuring customer satisfaction by delivering according to customer lead times
· Highlight time discrepancies and propose a corrective action plan when needed
· Be Continuous Improvement oriented with application of the Lean 6 Sigma
methodology to ensure state of the art production efficiency.
· Focus on quality delivery and minimize cost impact of non-quality.
· Have and run the 0 non-conformance vision and state of mind.
Lead Time: Decide and perform corrective action plan in case of delay.
· Quality: Ensure corrective actions are performed to overcome non-conformity.
· Cost: Ensure appropriate actions are taken to comply with budgeted costs
· Customer Satisfaction: Anticipate production plan to ensure contractual commitments delivery.
– In case of incidents take necessary actions towards the appropriate rescue plan and
– In case of identified hazards take necessary actions to eliminate the hazard or stop
· Continuous Improvement: Use Lean 6 Sigma methodology
Describe how this position impacts and is impacted upon by other areas within the Business Unit / Product Group / wider Fives
· To achieve the objectives of the role what knowledge is required of the Business Unit / Product Group / Fives, the
resources industry, governance, social and environmental factors?
· To what extent and how does this role impact the immediate environment and the wider organization (e.g., other teams,
divisions, sites, the wider Fives Group)?
· Does the role have a major financial impact? Is it direct or indirect?
· Direct accountability towards local regulations and local regulation bodies during government
· Be flexible as new industrial areas will be opened to accommodate other Fives Group need in the region
Education & Qualifications
Specific academic or professional qualifications and/ or licenses/ training necessary for this position (differentiate between
essential and desirable). Explain why these are required and how they contribute to the jobholder’s effectiveness in the role.
· Operations Management diploma
· Basic roller bearing course (FAG)
· Computer literate
· Lean 6 Sigma certified (green belt / black belt)
· Experience with Overhead Crane would be a plus
· ECL Equipment knowledge would be a plus
· Be able to read and understand working drawings, technical drawings and specifications.
· Minimum 8 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment / equipment repair / workshop supervisor
· Lathes and milling machine knowledge
· Must be familiar with European welding standards
· Must Set, Operate & Program
· Fine tolerances
· Tools & gauges experience – essential
· Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing